Frequently Asked Questions
At Sörgen Medical, we strongly believe that well-informed clients are most likely to succeed from the treatment of their CPAP machine. That’s why we constantly listen to our clients’ questions and concerns, and strive to provide the best answers and resources available to them.
- Waking with a dry mouth or sore throat
- Early morning headache
- Daytime fatigue and lethargy
- Difficulty concentrating
- Learning and memory difficulties
- Sexual Dysfunction Night Time:
- Chronic and disruptive snoring
- Witnessed pauses of breathing whilst sleeping
- Gasping for air during sleep
- Restless legs
- Teeth grinding
- Nocturia – frequent visits to the bathroom
- Breathing and snoring issues discontinue
- An increase of concentration and memory
- An increase of daily energy by feeling refreshed and refuelled
- Risk reduction of depression by stabilising your moods
- Reduced blood pressure levels
- Improved mindset contributing to weight loss and healthier lifestyle
- Risk reduction of heart disease
- Reduced risk of workplace accidents
- Longer life expectancy and overall improved quality of life
- CPAP machine – acts as a compressor to draw in the room temperature air and pressurises it, and gently delivers the right amount of air to the user
- Humidifier Chamber – air passes over the water in the humidifier chamber (water tank) to collect extra moisture particles. Its then carried at a controlled temperature to the mask on the face
- CPAP hose – A tube that connects the machine to the mask and the transfer of pressurised air to the user
- CPAP masks or nasal pillows – A mask that covers the nostrils (nasal pillow / nasal mask) as well as the mouth (full face mask). They are available in different shapes and sizes
Sörgen Medical products are only sold in Australia and our products are listed in the ARTG. If your health fund covers CPAP devices in their extras of your policy, you will need to provide your invoice and receipt of purchase to be able to make a claim. We suggest contacting your fund to check if you are entitled to a rebate.
CPAP Device Guidelines
- Carefully remove water tank chamber daily from the humidifier, empty existing water and wash in warm water with a mild detergent. Do not place in dishwasher or washing machine. Fill chamber with distilled, sterile or filtered water
- Once a week the water tank chamber should be soaked in a solution of 1 part white vinegar 3 parts water for approximately 15-20 minutes before rinsing thoroughly with distilled, sterile or filtered water
- Always check the water tank chamber for damage, pitted areas, cracks and that the seal positions securely around the tank. Replace this component at least every six months
- Check the air filter and replace it at least every 6-8 weeks. Replace it more often if there are any signs of wear and discolouration
- Do not use bleach, chlorine, alcohol, or aromatic-based solutions, moisturising or antibacterial soaps or scented oils to clean the device, the water tank or air tubing
- CPAP full face & nasal mask every 3 months
- CPAP nasal pillows and cushions every 2 weeks
- CPAP mask headgear and chinstraps every 6 months
- Dissemble the mask as per the instructions for use
- Wash the mask components in warm, mild soapy water and air dry
- Wash your face thoroughly before using the mask. Avoid using skin lotions, just prior to putting on the mask
- Regularly inspect your mask to assess for any hardened cushions or damage
- Assure your masked is fitted properly. The straps may need adjusting to allow for a better fit of the mask
- Consider switching from a full face mask to a nasal mask, in conjunction with a chin strap. There is less surface area to cover and your mouth will be closed by the chin strap to avoid mouth breathing
- Maybe the pressure is too high on your device at initial use. Try using the Ramp feature to ‘ease’ up to your prescribed pressure
- You mask and straps may be worn out and purchasing a new mask may solve this problem
- Using heated humidification adds warm moisture to the air you are breathing and eases dryness in the mouth. Try increasing the humidity level on your device
- Air may be escaping through your mouth. You may need a chin strap to keep your mouth closed during sleeping
- Utilising a full face mask, instead of a nasal mask or nasal pillow is another solution
Equipment purchases can be returned to Sörgen Medical and a full refund will be given where such goods are unused, unopened and in original packaging within 14 days of purchase. Where the product has been unpackaged and/ or used there will be no refunds due to Health Regulations on medical equipment. Shipping costs are at the customers expense.
Regular Mail is FREE for all sales over $100 and delivery is by Australia Post.
Express Delivery with Australia Post is also available for an additional $10.00. Sörgen Medical may also elect to use a private courier service to minimise the delivery times from point of sale.
Orders received before 12noon will be shipped that day, provided the products are in stock. Delivery time can vary depending on where you are located, however allow 2-5 business days from approved payment. These estimates are taken directly from the Australia Post Business Customer Information and we recommend using the Australia Post delivery date calculator to estimate your delivery.
All products are shipped directly from our warehouse located in Brisbane, Queensland.
Please leave us a note on the purchase or message us direct after purchase to add a delivery instruction on your order. We process orders very efficiently so it is important that you contact us quickly so the order is not processed before the note has been added.
If Authority To Leave (ATL) is given by the buyer, transit warranty can be void in the incidence of a missing/stolen parcel. Sörgen Medical will work closely with the freight company to resolve any disputes or issues with delivery and Proof of Delivery. Only provide an ATL on orders when there is a safe place for items to be left.