When it comes to health, sleep is as vital as regular exercise and eating a balanced diet.
There are so many reasons why sleep is important.
- Better brain functioning including productivity, concentration and cognition
- Lower weight gain risk as we have a greater desire in wanting to look after ourselves by eating well and exercising
- Better calorie regulation by balancing our hormones responsible for appetite
- Potential for greater athletic performance due to having more energy, better co-ordination, intensity, mental functioning and increased speed
- Lower risk of heart disease as getting enough sleep aids the body to regulate our blood pressure
- More social and emotional intelligence by recognising other people’s emotions and expressions
- Lower inflammation in the body
- Stronger Immune System so our body can help fight off infection, repair, regenerate and recover